Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Wilkes County's Upcoming MerleFest 2011

Well, time certainly goes by quickly!  What a success the recent Petfinder.com Adopt the Internet Day was for pets needing new homes.  Now, with the approach of April brings the arrival of the upcoming Merlefest 2011 here in Wilkesboro, NC

The Merlefest Mission quoted from http://www.merlefest.org/ pressroom page states,

"MerleFest was founded in 1988 in Memory of Eddy Merle Watson as a fundraiser for Wilkes Community College and to celebrate traditional plus music."

The lineup for the annual four day event includes over 90 musical acts.  There are many well-known and some relatively unknown talent coming to the event this year.  Headliners such as Randy Travis, Robert Plant, Lyle Lovett and The Doobie Brothers are scheduled to be here on various days of the four day music festival.

It is very exciting for the entire community as many visitors come to Wilkes County for the festival.  There are a number of stages throughout the Wilkes Community College campus that will be hosting these musical entertainers.

Again, the website for the MerleFest is http://www.merlefest.org/.  Information regarding the lineup, the tickets, the volunteer activities are all posted at the website.  There is a press room page with the latest news regarding the festival.

MerleFest 2011 begins on Thursday, April 28th at 2:30 pm and ends on Sunday, May 1st.  Gates will open at 9:00am on Friday, April 29th, Saturday, April 30th and Sunday, May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption