Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2015

Finishing Touches

As the finishing touches are being applied to the layout of JAE's new publication, Wilkes County Gazette Shopper - End of  Summer Savings issue, I reflect on the many steps that have been in process from drawing board to printed publication.

Originally, I had conceived the idea to be centered around my Pet News Reporters, Burnie and Katey Rose.  Both young at the time, and my having noticed the many print and television ads that depict dogs somewhere within the content, I decided that my 2 shepherd mixed dogs would be both photogenic and inviting.

I have subsequently learned that neither of my pets are as photogenic as my dog Red.  Red was perfect as far as photographic canines can be posed for many diverse back drops.  Some of Red's work is shown within JAE's website, some on my Etsy.com shops, and some within the Wilkes County Gazette's website.

Realizing that Burnie and Katey Rose would rather be out exploring than posing for pictures, I went back to the drawing board.  I decided to let my dogs host the Pet News feature on the WCG website.

Returning to design ideas for the new shopper supplement, I decided to feature the 4 seasons.  The first issue is the End of Summer shopper.  This actually assisted me with my layout choices within the two-sided flyer.  I hope that this flyer will be well received within Wilkes County, NC.  It will be even better if an upsurge in retail business results from the couple of thousand brochures that will be distributed within the area.

Money can be saved by the wise use of coupons.  Many thanks go to the entrepreneurs, small business advisors and local residents for their comments and questions that have given me much insight into the direction the shopper needs to proceed for maximum benefit to all: customer, business owner, and the Wilkes County Gazette itself.

Until Next Time,

Valerie Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption