Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

JAE : Blogging For Two Years Now ... and Counting

Here we are in March 2011.  I realize that Jeanne Armonk Enterprises is about to celebrate two years in business.  It has been wonderful to realize my dream of being a writer someday.  Time just keeps marching on and we need to march with it.

I thought I would discuss my past two years as a freelance writer.  Of course, this began with an idea that became a dream.  Now, I am a full-fledged freelance writer/reporter/columnist due to a friend of a friend who gave me an opportunity.

She, Teresa Maynor, has been a pillar of strength to me and my crash course education in the media world.  I had author in mind when I decided to write.  After two years, my novel is yet to be completed.  However, my media education has grown by leaps and bounds.

Two years as a blogger has lead to my own Twitter account, JeanneArmonk09 for the year that Jeanne Armonk began to write.  Today, JeanneArmonk09 has 145 followers traversing many walks of life and nationalities.  I hope that I have been able to tweet things that are worth while to be followed. 

My blog and now my Twitter account both endeavor to highlight animal welfare, the arts, the media such as The Wilkes Gazette, entertainment, the arts, travel, Nascar, cooking and decorating.

My next efforts will be concentrated upon completion of my novel and completion of my endeavors to become a syndicated writer.  This will also involve returning to more courses at my local community college.  In addition, I am going to join the book club at the local library.  There is so much to do and so little time it seems to do it all in. 

My hope is that all of my visitors to this blog who are aspiring to become writers, either in books or on the web, may realize their dreams. 

More in my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption