Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Outlining Your Novel (Continued)

It is hard for me to believe that I have not written a new post here since January 6th.  In fact, I have barely had time to work on outlining my novel.  I had the best of intentions at the onset of January.  Then, life kept happening and pointing me in other directions.

In continuation of my last post, I finally made the time to roughly sketch out an outline for my novel.  The outline is the basis for the many chapters in my story.  It involves highlighting the experiences in Red's life, and mine, that have forged a bond between us. 

Especially in the last two years, we have experienced some trying times.  I know we have not been the only ones with our current economy.  The unemployment rate here in Wilkes County runs between 13 and 14 percent.  I was recently told by a staff member of our local Goodwill Connection that there are roughly 4000 people out of work here.  The population in Wilkes County is small compared to many of the counties in North Carolina. 

It was the economy two years ago which prompted me to try something different. I went to school at Wilkes Community College and began Jeanne Armonk Enterprises.  Then, shortly after that, I began this blog.  I have thoroughly enjoyed maintaining and updating this blog.  It is my hope to keep it going for awhile.  I have divided my time between my writing responsibilities for The Wilkes Gazette newspaper that is based in North Wilkesboro, NC, and Wilkes Vintage Finds which is my online vintage shop at Etsy.com.  You may now see why my blog posts have been rather sparse of late.

In these past two years, Red and I have traveled and moved a great deal.  I have attempted to keep journal entries of our daily interactions with all of our endeavors.  We have lived between NY and NC for several years now.  We have had the privilege to meet many people.  Many of these people made their way to us, either in or out of our vehicle.  Many times the same comments or questions.  What a beautiful dog or what kind of dog is he? 

When my novel is published, there will hopefully be illustrations and photos to depict how beautiful Red is and what kind of dog.  I will let my readers decide if he is beautiful.  I am too partial on the subject, for I know not just his outward beauty, rather I know his inside beauty as well.

More on outlines in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption