Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jeanne's Travels Around Wilkes County

After a long month plus absence, I am blogging again. I have now relocated back to Wilkes County. I will once again be freelance writing for the Wilkes Gazette. In the time since I last contributed to Teresa Maynor's newspaper, I have learned that it has experienced increased circulation. The Wilkes Gazette is currently selling for a quarter a copy which is published weekly.

I will be writing a new weekly column entitled Jeanne's Travels Around Wilkes County. This will highlight places and events in Wilkes that my dog Red and I have or will travel. Red has been mentioned in my blog prior to now and he is a truly great traveling companion. For as large a dog as he is, being a chow rottweiler cross, he is completely adaptable to his surroundings. He prefers cooler climates, however with shade and a great deal of water, he can also take the heat of North Carolina. He has transplanted well from the bitter cold winters of New York/Connecticut to the balmy weather of Wilkes County. Today, for instance, has felt unseasonably high temperature for mid-November. Most of the leaves have fallen from the many beautiful trees and shrubs here.

So, now, Red and I will collaborate on weekly articles sharing our experiences traveling around Wilkes County. We are located here in the foothills to the mountains to our west such as the Blue Ridge and the Great Smokies. Also, we are nearby to the Eastern Continental Divide where US HWY 421 intersects the famous Blue Ridge Parkway. So, please continue reading our adventures either posted here at http://jeannearmonkenterprises.blogspot.com/ or at www.wilkesgazette.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption